10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, the 14 owners of Seattle-area Massage Envy franchises are continuing to sponsor online classes—open to ALL massage therapists for a nominal $10 fee per class—in an effort to support our local instructors, while maintaining the growth and development of all therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and registrations are required to guarantee your space.
Using Reflexology to Release Stress from the Spine
with Tianne Curtiss, LMT (MA00013133)
on Saturday, January 16, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PST
online via ZOOM (link will be emailed to all registrants the night before class)
As massage therapists, we’ve been trained to identify the effects of stress—including sleeplessness and fatigue, muscle tension, and headaches, to chest pain, jaw pain, and other forms of discomfort. Yet few of us have been taught just how integral the spine is in the treatment of stress, nor how to address it in our treatments. This class is intended to change that.
As the gatekeeper to our nervous system and brain, the spine is integral to healing and relaxation. When the spine is free to communicate with the body’s extensive nerve pathways, the benefits of massage go much deeper.
This class will teach you how to use reflexology to stimulate the spine, allowing clients to release layers of stress that enable more effective bodywork. We will map the spine on the hand and foot, and learn how to apply specific techniques that stimulate the spine—not only for client care but also for your own self care.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE—AT *NOON* ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 15—to give us time to prepare the roster, schedule the class, and send the Zoom invite.
Learn more about Tianne here:
How This Class Works:
- This online class uses the free “Zoom” video conferencing platform.*
- Registration is required, with a limit of 100 participants: if your plans change and you can not participate, please log in and cancel your registration, so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add email@example.com to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email when it gets routed into your spam filter.
- The instructor will email you the night before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email from the instructor, it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone, or choose to view the instructor (“Video on”); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 1 CEU in duration; the instructor will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
*How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):