3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, the 14 owners of Seattle-area Massage Envy franchises are sponsoring online classes—open to ALL massage therapists, FREE of charge—in an effort to support the growth and development of all therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and registrations are required to guarantee your space.
Trigger Points for the Arms and Torso
with Ariel Hubbard, LMT, NCTMB, BA (MA60531582)
on Monday, December 7, 2020 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST
online via ZOOM (link will be emailed to all registrants the night before class)
Trigger Point Therapy is a profound and extremely helpful modality that can be added to a longer treatment, or used as a stand-alone treatment for tennis elbow, back pain, and more.
This class will teach you how to treat primary and secondary points and zones in the arms and torso. You will learn an intuitive process to palpate and treat pain, ischemia, and address limited range-of-motion, all using a technique that only takes a few seconds at a time.
This is the second class in Ariel’s Trigger Point series, but it is equally effective as a stand-alone class.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE —AT *NOON* ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6th—to give us time to prepare the roster, schedule the class, and send the Zoom invite.
Learn more about Ariel here:
How This Class Works:
- This is a free online class, using the free “Zoom” video conferencing platform.*
- Registration is required, with a limit of 100 participants: if your plans change and you can not participate, please log in and cancel your registration, so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add email@example.com to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email when it gets routed into your spam filter.
- The instructor will email you the night before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email from the instructor, it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone, or choose to view the instructor (“Video on”); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 1 CEU in duration; the instructor will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
*How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):