11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Tools for Treating TMJD & Headaches with Active Isolated Stretching (AIS)
with Joshua Morton, LMT, MAISS, MMLT (License #: MA00008567)
on Saturday, August 24, 2019 from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
at Massage Envy Shoreline
4 CE Credits
In this hands-on class you will learn how to treat TMJD and headaches of all kinds by:
- Evaluating range and quality of movement.
- Employing Active Isolated Stretching* techniques.
- Utilizing ligamentous work for releasing the tissue of the jaw and occiput/C1.
* Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) is a dynamic technique that stretches muscles, tendons, and fascia specific to anatomical planes of movement. It remodels the body using gentle, rhythmic movements that avoid triggering the myotactic reflex, which causes a contraction in the tissues being stretched. Utilizing the principles developed by Aaron Mattes, this unique stretching modality restores joint mobility, reduces muscular/fascial tension, changes neurology and improves circulation. The simple yet profound difference is to avoid triggering the myotactic reflex. Repeated, active muscle contractions along with gentle stretches create a venous/lymphatic pump, decreasing inflammation and combating disease. Dysfunctional movement patterns are exposed. Using pain free movements, the tissues are retrained and balance is restored to the joint.
- 1 portable massage table (between 2 students)
- 1 set of sheets
- 1 face cradle cover
- Your preferred massage emollient
- Pen and paper for note-taking.
- Also, please wear clothes that are appropriate for stretching.
Venue: Massage Envy Shoreline
Venue Website: http://www.massageenvy.com/clinics/WA/Shoreline.aspxAddress:
This class is being held at Massage Envy Shoreline. Upon arrival, please enter through the main entrance, and the front desk staff will direct you to the Training Center. Please do not call this clinic with inquiries about classes, scheduling, or general questions. All inquiries must be submitted via our contact form.