12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, the 14 owners of Seattle-area Massage Envy franchises are continuing to sponsor online classes—open to ALL massage therapists for a nominal $10 fee per class—in an effort to support our local instructors, while maintaining the growth and development of all therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and registrations are required to guarantee your space.
The Animal Bodyworker: Stretching and Activation Tools for Animals
with Lola Michelin, LMT, LAMP, SAMP (MA00012222)
on Thursday, January 21, 2021 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. PST
online via ZOOM (link will be emailed to all registrants the night before class)
Ready to practice some bodywork techniques with your pet? Animal massage and acupressure are a tremendous way to diversify your massage practice, particularly during a difficult economy, as statistics show that people continue to take care of their pets, often more readily than themselves.
Taught by internationally-recognized Animal Bodyworker Lola Michelin, this class will begin by discussing the difference between stretching exercises and muscle activation exercises as it relates to our pets, including horses.
You’ll observe examples of specific exercises (that you can practice with a willing dog or cat participant if you wish), and get recommendations to help you select an approach that is right for a pet—including horses.
Given how frequently Lola’s classes have sold out at the annual Self Care Fair, we are thrilled to have her offering this class for Ascend. If you feel inspired to learn more about augmenting your career with animal bodywork after taking this class, she welcomes you to contact her at the Northwest School of Animal Massage www.nwsam.com
REGISTRATION CLOSES 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE—AT *NOON* ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20—to give us time to prepare the roster, schedule the class, and send the Zoom invite.
Learn more about Lola here
How This Class Works:
- This online class uses the free “Zoom” video conferencing platform.*
- Registration is required, with a limit of 100 participants: if your plans change and you can not participate, please log in and cancel your registration, so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add email@example.com to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email when it gets routed into your spam filter.
- The instructor will email you the night before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email from the instructor, it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone, or choose to view the instructor (“Video on”); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 1 CEU in duration; the instructor will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
*How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):