12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Intro to Thai Massage on the Table
with Kay Rynerson, LMT, RTT (Registered Thai Therapist) (MA00003963)
on Monday, June 29, 2020 from Noon to 1:00 pm PST
online via ZOOM (link will be emailed to all registrants in advance)
This class begins with a short lecture, in which we’ll discuss the Saltwater Taffy method of stretching, and how it relates to Thai massage, followed by a practical introduction and demonstration of specific techniques.
These techniques can comprise a whole session, or be added piece-by-piece to the work you already do. Because Thai massage is traditionally done on a mat, on the floor, fully clothed, this class will explore how to adapt these stretches for a fully-clothed (or draped) client on the massage table. All of the moves and stretches we’ll be covering are safe, effective, and comfortable, gleaned from 32 years of clinical experience… and they’ll all be provided to you in a detailed handout with written descriptions and photos.
If you can Zoom in a massage space, please bring a model and join me, or sit back with a mug of tea and just observe.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE—AT *NOON* ON SUNDAY, JUNE 28—to give us time to prepare the roster, schedule the class, and send the Zoom invite.
Learn more about Kay here:
How This Class Works:
- This is an online class, using the free “Zoom” video conferencing platform.*
- Registration is required, with a limit of 100 participants: if your plans change and you can not participate, please log in and cancel your registration, so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add email@example.com to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email when it gets routed into your spam filter.
- The instructor will email you the night before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email from the instructor, it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone, or choose to view the instructor (“Video on”); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 1 CEU in duration; the instructor will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
*How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):