10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
*** Sorry, this class has sold out. ***
Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, the 14 owners of Seattle-area Massage Envy franchises are sponsoring online classes—open to ALL massage therapists, FREE of charge—in an effort to support the growth and development of all therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and registrations are required to guarantee your space.
ETHICS: Rule Changes, Roles, and Boundaries
with Ariel Hubbard, LMT, NCTMB, BA (MA60531582)
IN TWO PARTS / ON TWO DATES:
Part 1 on Monday, August 24, 2020 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm PST
Part 2 on Monday, August 31, 2020 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm PST
online via ZOOM (links will be emailed to all registrants in advance)
This is a 4 hour online Zoom class being done in TWO separate parts, two hours per class, held on TWO DIFFERENT DAYS, one week apart.
Your registration ensures your place in BOTH classes, and you are required to take BOTH classes in order to receive the 4 CEU certificate at the end of the second class.
Part 1 of 2:
Ethics Law and Rule Changes in light of COVID-19
Monday August 24, 2020
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
NOTE: This course fulfills ONLY THE FIRST HALF of the 4 hours of required Ethics hours; please mark your calendar / set an alert to attend BOTH class dates (August 24 and August 31 below).
Description: COVID-19 has created a changing landscape in every area of life, including in the area of required massage continuing education hours, as well as safe and ethical business practices. This Ethics course addresses recent law and rule changes by the Washington Board of Massage, made in June 2020–information you need to know. It also covers ethical and safe business practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Part 2 of 2:
Ethics, Roles and Boundaries
Monday August 31, 2020
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
NOTE: This course fulfills the SECOND HALF of the 4 hours of required Ethics hours one week after the first class; you are required to participate in BOTH classes in order to receive the 4 CEU certificate at the end of this second class.
Description: This course addresses physical, conceptual, emotional and energetic boundaries–when they are upheld, when they are not, and how to know the difference. It also educates students on how to know when they are crossed (by the therapist or the client), therapist/client dynamics in the treatment room, and communication issues. This course will help you observe and honor your own boundaries, as well as those of your clients.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF THE FIRST CLASS—AT *NOON* ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 23—to give us time to prepare the roster, schedule the class, and send the Zoom invite.
Learn more about Ariel here:
How This Class Works:
- This is a free online class, using the free “Zoom” video conferencing platform.*
- Registration is required, with a limit of 100 participants: if your plans change and you can not participate, please log in and cancel your registration, so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add email@example.com to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email when it gets routed into your spam filter.
- The instructor will email you the night before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email from the instructor, it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone, or choose to view the instructor (“Video on”); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 1 CEU in duration; the instructor will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
*How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):