9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, the 14 owners of Seattle-area Massage Envy franchises are sponsoring online classes—open to ALL massage therapists, FREE of charge—in an effort to support the growth and development of all therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and registrations are required to guarantee your space.
Essential Oil Blending Basics
with Tianne Curtiss, LMT (MA00013133)
on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am PST
online via ZOOM (link will be emailed to all registrants in advance)
In this class I will talk about the art of blending essential oils, as well as carrier oils and which are ideal for specific needs.
When we first begin using oils, most of us choose single oils and play with them on our own. Sometimes we will buy a synergy blend, which is a pre-blended combination of oils that all work well together and promote something specific such as relaxation, energy or maybe keeping bugs away. Although it can seem like an intimidating task to start blending our own oils, it’s really not as hard as it looks. With time and practice you can become more confident in blending as a result of learning how to blend, specific information on the oils and practicing. Blending is certainly more art than science, and there is some basic information that can get you on your way to creating amazing and beneficial blends. Join me for some blending basics.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE—AT *NOON* ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 18—to give us time to prepare the roster, schedule the class, and send the Zoom invite.
Learn more about Tianne here:
How This Class Works:
- This is a free online class, using the free “Zoom” video conferencing platform.*
- Registration is required, with a limit of 100 participants: if your plans change and you can not participate, please log in and cancel your registration, so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add email@example.com to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email when it gets routed into your spam filter.
- The instructor will email you the night before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email from the instructor, it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone, or choose to view the instructor (“Video on”); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 1 CEU in duration; the instructor will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
*How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):