11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Bio-Mechanics of Sports Massage
with Todd Valentine, LMT, SMT, NSCA-CPT, FFS (MA00018495)
Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
at Massage Envy Bellevue Eastgate
4 CE Credits
This is NOT just a recap of what you learned about sports massage in school!
In this hands-on course you will learn to:
1. Identify and demonstrate 5 stages (not just 3 stages) of sports massage.
2. Identify physical and psychological effects of Sports Massage on an athletic body.
3. Identify mechanical and reflexive effects of Sports Massage on an athletic body.
4. Identify and demonstrate proper massage strokes and techniques necessary for athletes.
5. Identify the business complexities of working in the sports massage field.
6. Identify and demonstrate proper intake and communications skills.
7. Identify contraindications for sports massage.
Please bring the following to class:
- 1 fitted sheet
- 1 face cradle cover
- Pen and paper for notetaking
- Please wear comfortable, freely moveable clothing and supportive footwear.
“Very informative and patient. Described every move with lots of details. Very good, positive energy. ”
~ S. Lim, LMT
“Todd is obviously an expert in his field, and I appreciate the opportunity to learn from him!”
“Great Material Presented – much better than my initial intro to sports massage. Thank you so much!”
~ D. Sawtelle, LMT
Venue Website: http://www.massageenvy.com/clinics/WA/Bellevue-Eastgate.aspxAddress:
This class is being held at Massage Envy Bellevue Eastgate. Upon arrival, please enter through the Training Center entrance, to the right of the main entrance. Please do not call this clinic with inquiries about classes, scheduling, or general questions. All inquiries must be submitted via our contact form.