10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Bio-Mechanics of Sports Massage
with Todd Valentine, LMT, SMT, NSCA-CPT, FFS (MA00018495)
on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
at Natural Born Healers in Tacoma, WA
4 CE Credits
This is NOT just a recap of what you learned about sports massage in school!
In this hands-on course you will learn to:
1. Identify and demonstrate 5 stages (not just 3 stages) of sports massage.
2. Identify and demonstrate proper massage strokes and techniques necessary for athletes.
3. Identify and demonstrate proper intake and communications skills.
4. Identify and demonstrate proper lifting and stretching techniques.
5. Identify and demonstrate proper body mechanics and table movement.
6. Identify and demonstrate proper bolster techniques for easier access, work, and lifts.
Please bring the following to class:
1 fitted sheet
1 face cradle cover
Pen and paper for notetaking
Please wear comfortable, freely moveable clothing and supportive footwear
“Very informative and patient. Described every move with lots of details. Very good, positive energy. ”
~ S. Lim, LMT
“Todd is obviously an expert in his field, and I appreciate the opportunity to learn from him!”
“Great Material Presented – much better than my initial intro to sports massage. Thank you so much!”
~ D. Sawtelle, LMT
Venue: Natural Born Healers
Venue Website: http://naturalbornhealers.usAddress:
This class is being held at Natural Born Healers in University Place, a suburb of Tacoma, Washington. There is plenty of parking in the back of the building. The main door (facing the parking lot) opens up to the main treatment room, where classes are held. (There is a second door in the alcove that opens into the reception area; if you come in this way, simply walk down the hallway a few feet to the door on the left, which opens into the main treatment / classroom.) Please do not call this venue with inquiries about classes, scheduling, or general questions—instead please submit any inquiries via our contact form.